Family

Family

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Speeding!

Things have been insane lately!  Tyler has been sick for weeks now and I just found out yesterday that he has an ear infection and probably a cold along with it.  He may also have asthma but that's not for sure yet.  Tom has been working late and I haven't been feeling 100% so it's been crazy to say the least!
Yesterday Zac had a Tumblebugs class and then I was taking him to Peter Piper Pizza for lunch afterward.  Along the way, I was deep in thought while I was driving and feeling stressed as usual.  All of sudden Zac says "Are we going fast?"  This caught my attention - not that he doesn't say random things all the time.  I happened to look up and see a cop on a motorcycle in the median ahead.  Sure enough, he pulled me over and I sat there wondering what kinds of questions Zac would come up with for me!  He of course wanted to know what we were doing so I told him that a policeman wanted to talk to Mommy and that I needed him to be quiet for a minute.  The cop comes up to the window and I had been going 54 in a 40.  (Opps!  It was down a hill though!) 
 Zac is usually very friendly and charming when it comes to meeting new people but h took this gruff tone while the cop was talking to me and said "That's not your wife!"  Now where does a 3 year old come up such hostility and such a statement?!  He repeated it a couple of times until I told him to be quiet again.  I was just hoping that the cop couldn't understand him!  When he finished, the cop asked me how old Zac was so I'm afraid he may have been to understand him after all!
What will this kid come up with next?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So did he give you a ticket? The police are fierce here with speeding & I'm lucky I haven't gotten pulled over yet even though I try to really pay attentio. But, like you said you get in those lost thoughts.

Tracy Younker said...

Yup, I got a ticket:(