Family

Family

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Words of wisdom from a 4 yr. old

I was making dinner tonight and Zac was sitting at the kitchen table playing with some of his cars. I asked him to move the cars because I was getting ready to put dinner on the table. This pretty much happens every night so it was no surprise to him. He was quick to give me attitude though and a nasty face. I told him not to look at me that way. The conversation then went like this:

Zac: "You don't look at me that way!"
Me: "Zac, I am the parent and you are not allowed to talk to me that way."
Zac: "When I'm as big as you, I'll be the parent then!"
Me: "Yup, and then you can ask your kids to take their cars off the table."
Zac: "That's if I grow any!"

I just thought it was so funny - his take on the way that children happen - the parents grow them! Pretty insightful actually!

No comments: