Family

Family

Monday, February 22, 2010

Dentist Camp

I've noticed lately that Zac and Tyler have been 'pretending' to be certain people. Sometimes they'll point to characters or people on television and one of them will say "That's Zac" or "That's Tyler". Yesterday afternoon I happened to hear Tyler say "That's Ty Ty" and when I looked up at the tv screen where he was pointing, the news station was showing a mugshot of a criminal in an orange jumpsuit. I laughed and told Tom that Tyler is aiming high!
Then this afternoon, we were headed to the Doctor's office where we've been frequenting lately and Tyler said "I be doctor". I thought this was much more encouraging than a criminal so I said "Tyler, you want to be a doctor?" He replied "Yeah" and Zac spoke up to say "Well, I want to be a dentist". I was offering words of encouragment for both of them and Zac said "Will you send me to dentist camp this summer?" He went to a couple of week long camps last summer with themes like Hot Wheels and Cooking so I knew what he meant but thoughts his thought process was cute. I explained the process of what he'd need to do as far as school and that he would have to go to Dental School in college.
Tom put Zac to bed tonight and came down shocked because Zac had explained to him that he wanted to be a dentist. Tom had asked him if he knew what he'd have to do to become a dentist but Tom didn't realize that we'd just had this chat. Zac surprised him and explained the whole process through 'Dental School'.

No comments: