Family

Family

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Why we have no memories before age 3!

So, those of you who have ever used an electric breast pump or heard one being used will understand this much better than those who have not!
Zac doesn't really understand the concept of privacy unless he's trying to poop his diaper so he has no qualms about opening the door on ANYBODY who's going to the bathroom and closed doors in general are more of an invitation for him than a barrier!
Getting to the point - I am still breast feeding Tyler and once in a while I need to pump and I'm using an electric breast pump. I try to go in the bedroom and close the door to avoid all the questions from Zac but inevitably he always bursts in and finds me! I was surprised that he didn't really have too many questions other than what it was I was doing and seemed content with my answer that I was getting milk for Tyler. The funny part though is, he's very into music and sounds so naturally he was fascinated by the noise of the pump! He layed down right next to it and started mimicking what it was he was hearing and this is what he came up with: "whip it boom, whip it boom, whip it boom". I started laughing so he knew that he was funny and kept saying it. Now Tom and I refer to "pumping" as "whip it boom" and Zac gets a big kick out of it!
I came to the realization that this is probably why young children don't remember things from much before the time they are 3 - they are too young to know how disturbing it is for a young boy to see his mother pumping milk!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is funny!!!!

Steph and Tim said...

Love it! I know the sound of "whip it boom" well :)