Family

Family

Sunday, February 24, 2008

"I'll Spank Your Coral"!


Okay, so that title probably makes no sense to most of you.  Let me explain:  Grandma Gail and I were reading Zac his bedtime stories one night last week and one of the books that he chose was a board book called "Look and Learn Nature."  Basically it's a picture book and each page has a different theme.  We get to the page called  "Ocean" and he starts pointing to each image and tells us what it is.  So he goes through weird things like sea urchin, sponge and so on and then he points to the picture above and says something that I couldn't believe so I asked him again to be sure I was hearing him correctly.  I pointed to the picture and said "What is that"? and he replied "Fanny"!  I busted up and Grandma was laughing and of course he kept repeating it at that point because he was making us laugh.  I thought maybe Tom had taught him to say that but when I told him the story the next day, he said he'd never told him that!  I guess I find it so funny because it really looks nothing like coral and it looks exactly like an animals "fanny"!  Leave it to a 2 1/2 year old to point that out!  Tom didn't think it was all that funny either until he got home and came across the picture in the book one night while reading to Zac.
So now the joke between Tom and I is that any vulgar word referring to that body part has been replaced by the word coral.  Hence, "I'll spank your coral"!

No comments: