Family

Family

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Are we nuts???

It's pretty lonely around here without Hurricane.  It's funny all the little things that used to drive you crazy now seem to haunt you with how much you miss them!
I've needed something positive to occupy my mind when there is that small window of time during the day or night that the kids are sleeping so I've been researching dogs.  I thought about going to a shelter and getting a young dog but Tom isn't interested in that.  He wants another boxer and he wants a puppy.  I can't blame him either - Hurricane was a great dog despite his health problems!  So I started looking into breeders and doing some research there.  I found a great breeder in Louisiana and I've spent the better part of the week looking into her philosophy and care for her dogs, and emailing past clients who had nothing but great things to say about her as well as the pups that the got from her.  She is breeding soon and the pups wouldn't be ready to come home until around September.  Tyler will be a year old in October so I was thinking that might be good timing.  He wouldn't be quite so needy anymore and we would have a little more time for training a new puppy.
I think a puppy would be better for the kids.  We'll know exactly what kind of environment it has come from and they can all grow together and expend their oodles of energy together!
Does anyone have any experience with getting a puppy with young kids?  Are we out of our minds here or can it totally be done?

No comments: