Family

Family

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ask the Landscaper

Tom and I have been in disagreement regarding just about everything lately!  For example, I think it would be very rewarding and helpful (especially for housebreaking) to adopt a boxer puppy from a rescue organization and Tom wants only to get a puppy of his choosing from a breeder.
We've been discussing planting trees in our yard ever since we moved in two years ago and have yet to plant one!  Some of that is because we never have the money to do it and also because we need to know what trees are best for this area as we both grew up in New York!  Tom has decided that we need to hire a landscaper and pay them to draw up a plan for the backyard so that we know exactly what type of tree to plant and where and what other types of things to do as far as gardens go.  I'm of the belief that if we're already hurting for cash we shouldn't be paying a landscaper to tell us where to plant a tree!  We could go to a nursery, obtain the info that we need about types of trees and plant them where they do the most as far as adding shade in the yard.  Quick, easy and cheap!
Anyway, that is what we were talking about as we lay in bed last night.  We're both pretty stubborn so we both believe we're right and we were laughing about it.  Then we changed subjects and started talking about what would name the puppy (something else we can't agree on)!  Our neighbor is getting a puppy this Saturday and he's been building a temporary outdoor pen to train the puppy to go to the bathroom in that spot only.  Tom asked me where in the yard I thought we should train our puppy to go and I told him as I started to laugh that I thought we should probably ask our landscaper!  He didn't really think that was as funny as I did and I know he'll kill me for writing this entry!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Yes, ask the landscaper!! That is funny! If we were in Texas, we would plant flowering pear trees. I absolutely love them! They bloom white flowers in the spring and are so beautiful. They grow pretty fast and put out good shade. Also- we liked "red tip" bushes. Juven alway trimmed them up to look like trees instead of bushes. They are good for privacy and grow fast as well- good for lining a fence.

Tracy Younker said...

Thanks for the help!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.